Saturday 8 April 2017

Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Saturday and another new challenge at
 
This week the theme from Team Abi is
Mellow Yellow (use yellow)
 
For my card I've used the Painted Flower stamp set from Altenew. I seen quite a few cards like this on Pinterest and decided to do my own version. I used Distress Inks to stamp the roses and leaves and Versafine for the outlines. I haven't lined them up perfectly but I think they look fine. I think the style of stamp lends itself to not being perfectly layered.
 
 
Stamps - Altenew "Painted Flowers"
 Inks - Versafine,Tim Holtz Distress Inks "Squeezed Lemonade,Mustard Seed,Bundled Sage,Peeled Paint"
Embossing Folder - Hessian
Dies - Spellbinders Scalloped Borders
Sentiment - Phill Martin Scribbled Sentiments
 
 
Don't forget to pop by the challenge blog and see all the fab DT creations from Team Abi.
Remember you MUST  use a stamp (rubber or digi)
TFL
Cass xxx

3 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Cass I just love what you did for the yellow challenge. That waffle weave paper is fab! Will have to hunt down that hessian embossing folder, it really looks fabulous. I love those pretty blooms and I think they look perfect just as you've done them. You're right they don't need to be lined up perfectly, they look very gorgeous and it's a lovely painterly finish. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Marilyn said...

Very pretty! I've had my eye on this stamp set for awhile now and I adore how you coloured them.

An Occasional Genius said...

It's beautiful! Have made a few yellow cards since this challenge xx